im doing a review for my test and i have answered most of them but i need you to please check if im right
m doing a review for my test and i have answered most of them but i need you to please check if im write?
1)Houston has been hired as a salesman. He is paid a flat rate of $515 each week and earns an additional $17.50 commission for each sale. If his goal is to make $760 in one week, how many sales must Houston make?
I said 14
2) Salina purchased a dining room set for $1,730 using a 12-month deferred payment plan with an interest rate of 23.45%. She did not make any payments during the deferment period. What will the total cost of the dining room set be if she must pay off the dining room set within two years after the deferment period?
I said $2,754.72
3) Gilberto needs to purchase baseballs and bats for his youth baseball league. He’ll need at least 15 pieces of equipment, but he only has $435 to spend. Baseballs cost $20 each and bats cost $35 each. Which is a combination of baseballs and bats that Gilberto can afford to buy?
9 baseballs and 7 bats
10 baseballs and 7 bats
8 baseballs and 6 bats
8 baseballs and 10 bats
I said 9 baseballs and 7 bats
4) Harold has been hired as a salesman. He is paid a flat rate of $375 each week and earns an additional $14.25 commission for each sale. If x represents the number of sales and y represents the total earned, which equation will help Harold determine the amount he earns in one week?
y = $375h – $14.25
y = $375h + $14.25
y = $14.25h + $375
y = $14.25h – $375
I said y = $14.25h + $375
5) Andrew purchased a bedroom set for $3,194 using a six-month deferred payment plan with an interest rate of 25.29%. What is the balance after the deferment period if payments of $142 are made each month?
I said $2,342.00
6) Joanna pays a flat rate of $74 for her cell phone and is charged $0.08 for every text she sends. Her goal is to spend no more than $96 on her phone bill each month. Which inequality will help her determine the minimum number of texts she sends per month?
$74 + $0.08x ? $96
$74 + $0.08x ? $96
$74 + $0.08x < $96
$74 + $0.08x > $96
I said $74 + $0.08x > $96
7) Langston will pay $575 to three different credit cards: Expert Card, Passport, and US Speedy. She will pay three times as much to Expert Card as US Speedy since it has a higher balance. She also expects the Passport payment to be only 15% of the total of the other two payments. How much will Langston pay towards the Passport credit card balance?
I said $75.00
8)Gilberto needs to purchase baseballs and bats for his youth baseball league. He’ll need at least 15 pieces of equipment, but he only has $435 to spend. Baseballs cost $20 each and bats cost $35 each. If Gilberto wants to purchase the most amount of equipment and still stay within his budget, which combination of baseballs and bats is optimal?
I said 20,1
Now for these you dont have to answer but i honetsly am stumped on how to answer these and i would like to know how.
1) Shelby purchased ski equipment for $827 using a six-month deferred payment plan. The interest rate after the introductory period is 13.87%. A down payment of $190 is required as well as a minimum monthly payment of $85. What is the balance at the beginning of the seventh month if only the minimum payment is made during the introductory period?
2) Sabrina purchased a dining room set for $2,390 using a 12-month deferred payment plan with an interest rate of 24.28%. She did not make any payments during the deferment period. What will Sabrina’s monthly payment be if she must pay off the dining room set within two years after the deferment period?
3) Amy earned a gross income of $51,750 last year. She made $644.28 in IRA contributions, donated $713 to her favorite charity and paid $1,217.30 in home mortgage interest. If Amy claims a standard deduction of $5,700 and her exemption is $3,650, what is her taxable income?
4) Kaley bought an oven from a rental center for $728.44. She makes 12 monthly payments of $74.91 with her credit card. The rental center charges $2.75 for every payment made to her credit card. She also had to pay late fees in the amount of $35 four different times. What is the total cost of the oven?
5) A group of 11 people are going to the movies one Saturday. Adult tickets cost $10.50 each and child tickets cost $6.75 each. If the total cost for admission to the movies is $100.50, how many children attended the movie?
|All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 PM.|
Copyright ©2014, HellBill.com. All Rights Reserved