HellBill » Hell Bill Area: » Bill/ Bills » Our state taxes were just audited for years 2007-2010. Can the state challenge my Federal tax forms

  #1 ()
: Not surprisingly, we have ended up with a huge bill, including hefty charges for penalties and interest. My question is, can the state actually challenge and adjust my federal tax return? The only "mistakes" made on our state taxes were the deductions we took for charitable donations, which the federal government allows. Can the state really do this? Will the IRS now audit my taxes for the last 4 years and stick us with an additional bill?

  Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
i moved to Missouri in August 2012. I file my taxes in the state I move from, both state calm I own state tax? cynthia Bill Payment 0 03-06-2014 02:05 PM
I have allready received my state taxes, but federal taxes be offset or intercepted HOUSAOCCUCK Pay Bill/ Pay Bills 2 02-08-2013 09:05 AM
owed state and federal taxes cifeadditty Bill Payment 3 01-02-2013 07:06 PM
would AT&T charge federal, state, and local taxes on a fee ThoulkyTheoth Bill/ Bills 1 07-22-2012 06:06 PM
Hi. i filed my nys state tax on june 2011 for 2010 and the state said i owed $164 and the took it from my eradwaytodo Pay Bill/ Pay Bills 1 07-21-2011 07:05 PM

Member Login